Huawei founder says US underestimates company
"Company Spokesmen in Australia stated US actions "will not impact consumers""
Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei on Tuesday Spoke with Chinese Media and said the United States underestimates the telecom giant's strength. Speaking days after orders were issued by the U.S President Donald Trump to ban the company from doing business with U.S based corporations like Google, Intel and Qualcomm. "The current practice of US politicians underestimates our strength," Ren said, according to transcripts from state-run media.
"Huawei's 5G will absolutely not be affected. In terms of 5G technologies, others won't be able to catch up with Huawei in two or three years," he said.
Last week, Trump signed an executive order which blacklisted companies seen as "an unacceptable risk to the national security of the United States" - a move which was clearly aimed at Huawei. At the same time the US Commerce Department announced an effective ban on American companies selling or transferring US technology to Huawei, causing companies like Google to cut ties with Huawei. This move could cost arms and legs to the company as most of the devices in the world is powered by Google’s Android Operating System.
"The US 90-day temporary licence does not have much impact on us, we are ready," Ren said. After Commerce Department on Monday issued a 90-day lift on the ban by allowing temporary licences.
Ren said Huawei and Google are discussing how to respond to the ban, calling the US firm a "highly responsible company" and has asked the customers to stay at ease.
Another Company Spokesmen in Australia stated US actions "will not impact consumers" owning the device or planning to own one in the future.
News Source: AFP
- Tags :