Kia Motors Corporation, one of the world’s largest automakers, revealed the Kia Sonet to the world today in a digital presentation. Manufactured at Kia’s state-of-the-art production facility at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, the Sonet is Kia’s all-new smart urban compact SUV, and the brand’s latest made-in-India global product after the Seltos.
The world premiere of the production-ready model follows the global unveiling of the Sonet concept at the Delhi Auto Expo in February 2020.
Kia Motors Sonet subcompact SUV was launched in India on September 18, 2020. The Kia Sonet is a subcompact SUV, which means it also has a footprint that sits below four meters.
Kia Motors Nepal today unveiled the price of Sonet in Nepal starting from NPR 35,90,000.
Key features of Kia Sonet
- Largest and best-in-class 10.25-inch (26.03 cm) HD touchscreen with navigation and live traffic
- Smart Pure Air Purifier with virus protection
- BOSE Premium seven-speaker audio with sub-woofer
- Ventilated driver and front-passenger seats
- LED Sound Mood Lighting
- Remote engine start for automatic and manual transmission via UVO Connect and Smart Key
- Over-the-air (OTA) map updates
- Multi-drive & traction modes and grip control for automatic models
- Wireless smartphone charger with cooling function
The all-new Kia Sonet is a testament to Kia’s focus on consumer insight-driven product innovation and orientation. It is targeted towards the young generation who are tech-savvy, aspirational and highly connected socially. The Sonet will be launched in India this festive season. Sonet has a dual-tone roof option that straight away puts it on-trend. The Sonet is more squarish and tall, sort of like the Ford EcoSport, unlike the majority of rivals that are more rectangular.
The Sonet offers a wide range of powertrain choices in its class. With a choice of three engines and five transmissions, there is an engine-transmission combination for virtually every customer need in this segment. Two petrol engines – a versatile Smartstream 1.2-liter four-cylinder and powerful 1.0 T-GDi – and an efficient 1.5-liter CRDi diesel engine are offered.
The Sonet comes with five transmission options: five- and six-speed manuals, an intuitive seven-speed DCT, six-speed automatic, and Kia’s revolutionary new six-speed Smartstream intelligent manual transmission.
The Sonet too is offered with Kia’s signature UVO Connect suite of technologies, with a range of 57 features for owners offering convenience, remote control, navigation, safety, security and vehicle management. This also includes Kia’s UVO Voice Assist feature, which response to the greeting, “Hello, Kia.” This artificial intelligence-powered voice-recognition technology provides an enhanced, connected experience and can be used to operate multiple features.
The Sonet’s key safety features are:
- Six airbags
- ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution)
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control), HAC (Hill-start Assist Control), VSM (Vehicle Stability Management) and BA (brake assist)
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Projector fog lamps
- Highline tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Auto headlamps
- ISOFIX child-seat anchoring points
KIA MOTORS OFFICIALLY OPENS ITS NEW INDIAN PRODUCTION FACILITY
FORD BOOKING OPEN FOR 2020 FORD BS-6 MODELS IN NEPAL | OFFERS
CAR PRICE IN NEPAL 2020 - ALL BRANDS AND MODELS
TOP 5 CARS IN NEPAL UNDER 30 LAKHS
KIA SORENTO PRICE IN NEPAL | FULL SPECIFICATIONS
FORD MUSTANG EARNS WORLD’S BEST-SELLING SPORTS CAR TITLE
BEST SUVS IN NEPAL
Compiled by :