Proton X50: Premium Mid Range SUV unveiled in Nepal
"Jagdamba Motors has introduced Standard, Premium and Flagship variants of X50 in Nepal."
Malaysian brand Proton's SUV X-50 has arrived in Nepal. Jagdamba Motors, the official distributor of Proton for Nepal, unveiled the X50 in three variants ( Standard, Premium and Flagship) at a media drive on 13th March 2022.
The X50 is much smaller than the X70. Measuring 4,330 mm long, 1,800 mm wide and 1,609 mm tall, it is 189 mm shorter, 31 mm narrower and 85 mm lower compared to its sibling, while its 2,600 mm wheelbase is 70 mm shorter.
Power comes from a 1.5 litre turbocharged three-cylinder engine developed by Volvo.
The Standard and Premium variants getting a port-injected mill making 150 PS at 5,500 rpm and 226 Nm from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm.
The more powerful direct-injected engine is exclusive to the Flagship and churns out 177 PS at 5,500 rpm and 255 Nm of torque from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm.
All three varinats are front-wheel drive and come with the same seven-speed wet dual- clutch transmission.
The X50 features a full LED headlamp, 18-inch alloy wheel, welcome light, quad exhaust pipe, dual tone interior, LCD meter combination, panoramic sunroof, and a floating floor console.
Other features include autonomous emergency braking, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring, automatic high beam and parking assist for entering parallel and perpendicular spaces and for exiting parallel spots.
The X50 to secure a full five-star ASEAN NCAP safety rating.
The official launch will take place on 23rd March 2022.
Proton X50 Price in Nepal
The standard variant is priced at Rs 71,99,000, the premium variant at Rs 79,99,000 whereas Flagship variant will cost 84,99,000.
Proton X50 1.5T (Standard) Specs at glance (as STD features)
- 1.5T PFI 1.5 litre engine
- 1,477 cc multi-point injection, turbocharged three-cylinder
- 150 PS at 5,500 rpm
- 226 Nm from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm
- Seven-speed wet dual-clutch automatic transmission with manual mode (no paddle shifters)
- 6.5 litres per 100 km fuel consumption
- Three drive modes (Normal, Eco and Sport)
- Front-wheel drive
- Ventilated brake discs (front), solid discs (rear)
- Electronic parking brake with auto brake hold function
- 45 litre fuel tank capacity
- 17-inch silver alloy wheels with 215/60-profile tyres
- LED projector headlamps
- LED daytime running lights
- LED tail lights
- Gloss black grille with red outline
- Front lower splitter with carbon-fibre print
- Rear spoiler
- Quad-exhaust pipes, rear diffuser with carbon-fibre print
- Manual air-conditioning
- Urethane steering wheel with control switches
- Standard meter instrument cluster
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Keyless entry, push-button start
- Remote engine start
- Rear air-con vents
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Voice command, navigation,
- WiFi, smartphone and Bluetooth connectivity
- Three USB ports (one data, two charging)
- N95 cabin filter
- 330 litres boot space
- Four airbags (front and side)
- Electronic stability control (ESC) and traction control
- ABS, EBD, brake assist
- Hill hold assist, hill descent control
- Reverse camera
- Four rear parking sensors
- Snow White, Armour Silver, Ocean Blue
Proton X50 1.5T (Premium) add on features at glance
- Automatic headlamps
- Front LED fog lamps
- 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels with 215/55-profile tyres
- Red-coloured brake callipers
- Silver roof rails
- Dual-tone black and red interior
- Six-way powered driver’s seat
- Single-zone auto air-conditioning
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display
- Front side mirror welcome lamps
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit
- Proton Link App compatibility (vehicle status, remote control)
- Six airbags (front, side, curtain)
- Two front parking sensors
- Snow White, Armour Silver, Ocean Blue, Jet Grey and Citric Orange
Proton X50 1.5 TGDi (Flagship) adds on features at glance
- 1.5 TGDi 1.5 litre engine
- 1,477 cc direct-injection, turbocharged three-cylinder
- 177 PS at 5,500 rpm
- 255 Nm from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm
- Dual-tone exterior (black roof and pillars)
- Automatic rain-sensing wipers
- Panoramic sunroof, powered sunblind cover
- Automatic dimming rear-view mirror
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go function
- Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)
- Intelligent high-beam control
- Auto Park Assist
- Four front parking sensors
- Snow White, Armour Silver, Ocean Blue, Jet Grey, Citric Orange and Passion Red